TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Samsung LED TV has sound but no picture. The backlights…

My Samsung LED TV has...
My Samsung LED TV has sound but no picture. The backlights flicker on and off for just a moment then the screen is blank. I tried replacing the main board with the LED inverter it did not solve the problem
1/12/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Did you get identical replacement boards having the same part number as of old boards?

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Yea
Phone call session started

Thanks for phone call request, I accepted it and ready to make the phone call but want to make sure that you know this phone premium service would cost you additional $26 so please confirm to proceed or I'll close it for you and we can continue troubleshooting here in text chat.

Text please

Sure, we can continue here in text chat, please switch On the TV and while having sound from TV perform the following test

- Do you see a dim/ faint picture/ graphics if shine a good flashlight closely on the screen at an angle?

I have already done the flashlight test and yes if you shine the flashlight on it you can see the images on the screen.
The backlights will flicker with the image shows on the screen for just a second and it does this just a few times

Thanks for the info

It is definitely backlight LEDs failure in the screen and replacement of backlight LED strips will resolve the problem, please click the following link to view backlight LED strips image and price info for this model if you have a plan to work on it yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/un55h6203afxza

The old power supply/ LED inverter and the mainboard board would still be good, power supply board gets overload due to shorted LEDs that activates the over-current protection that switches Off the main power supply section.

How do I know which backlight LED strips need to be replaced

Very good question, you might see the burn mark on strip ends or near the LED location.

There is a tool calls backlight LED tester to verify the LED strip if no burn mark visible on strip

https://www.shopjimmy.com/sid-gj2c-led-tv-backlight-tester.htm

Do I replace all the strips or do I just replace the certain one I noticed when I order from shopjimmy they give me 10 strips

I would recommend replacing all strips at the same time to avoid any suspected/ bad strip on the screen, supplier will send you all strips as a package

Thank you for your help

Much welcome, wish you the best~

What happens if I tear the tape holding the scanning boards in place

Not sure what tape you're referring here, can you provide me a good picture of it so I can view that tape and scanning boards?

Its one of the ribbons, not to the t con board. The dark ribbons that are attached to the scanning boards
There are three ribbons attached to each scan board one of the ribbons got torn because I thought it was tape and I tore it

Please click the following link to view the ribbon to LCD panel image, is it somewhat similar that torn?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/98a8iMokMcY/maxresdefault.jpg

Oh no, we have broken screen in hands, unfortunately.

That ribbon is bonded with special tools in factory on scanning board and LCD panel, there is no way around to remedy this damage now except to replace the entire display panel/ the screen which is not a feasible/ economical because the replacement display panel would cost around a new TV price of the same size if still available with Samsung Parts in area.

Please check with the following supplier to get replacement display panel price, if they have it in stock

https://encompass.com/model/SMGUN55H6203AF%7CXZA