TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Our TV was working fine off of a outside Antenna and Sling…

Our TV was working...

Our TV was working fine off of a outside Antenna and Sling tv internet line. But now it will not pickup the signal on the antenna.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Sling TV?

No the Sling part works fine.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

The internet is fine. It's the antenna part that doesn't work. It's showing no signal.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it.

1/11/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

LG Model 42LK450-UB It has a video/DVD play, outside antenna and sling tv.

Thanks for the info.

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

okay stand by will try.

OK, take your time

Nope. still not working off of the antenna

Sorry to hear that, have you tried to run Auto Tuning in Channel menu option of the TV to do a fresh channel scan?

OK, unfortunately, it is tuner failure problem, the tuner is mounted on the mainboard of the TV and needs to replace the mainboard of the TV to resolve the problem. Please click the following link to view the mainboard image and part number info if you have a plan to work on it yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg/42lk450-ub

An alternative option is to get External Tuner Box and hook it to the TV and plug the antenna cable into this box to keep watching local channels on the TV. This way you won't need to replace the mainboard in the TV. I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Thank you for your help.

Much welcome, wish you the best~