TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 2009 Toshiba TV model number 47ZV650U which I would…

Customer Question
I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 Toshiba TV model number 47ZV650U which I would like to listen to through bluetooth headphones to reduce noise in the house at night.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 47ZV650U?

2009

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

There is no problem - I just want the TV to connect to my bluetooth headphones and assumed I would have to put some kind of bluetooth attachment in one of the outputs. The TV works fine

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 47ZV650U? What happened right before this?

I don't understand your question. There is no problem with the TV but I would prefer to listen to it through my bluetooth headphones than through the volume control in the room. In other words I'd like the TV to be silent whilst I hear it in my headphones

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/9/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The TV has no bluetooth capability in order to directly connect to bluetooth headphones, so additional equipment is needed. Would you like me to search for a link to the device needed to make this work?

Send a reply back either way please.

please

Okay thank you. Please standby.

Okay on the back of the TV is a Fixed audio out, and in order to get a BlueTooth signal we need a BlueTooth transmitter plugged into that jack. This will take the set's audio signal and give you a BlueTooth signal that you can then connect your headphones to. The device is below and then an adapter cable is needed to connect it to the TV:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/aluratek-bluetooth-audio-receiver-and-transmitter/5715709.p?skuId=5715709

The cable below is what's needed to get the transmitter to connect to the TV:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-6-3-5mm-mini-to-rca-stereo-audio-cable-black/4408001.p?skuId=4408001

Do you need further assistance with this?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?