TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It's my roku tv. I cannot get it to allow the user name and…

Customer Question
It's my roku tv...

It's my roku tv. I cannot get it to allow the user name and password ***** I can install DirectvNow....I get started, then it asks if I'm connected to the internet (which I am) and it freezes. All I can do then is turn off the TV and try again. I have attempted to reboot....that doesn't help. I had installed it because it was constantly interrupting a show with the blue box and asking if I am connected to the internet. Can you help??

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have? How old is it?

Roku TCL...bought it last year.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu works...this only happens with Directvnow

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Roku? What happened right before this?

For a couple of months but it has gotten worse recently. Couldn

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
TV Technician: Michael Hannigan, Technician replied 5 months ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

You may have to do a complete reset of the Roku. Do you know what model you have?

TCL...how do you reset?
  1. Press HOME on your remote to open the main screen.
  2. Scroll down and select Settings
  3. Press the right arrow button, scroll and select System
  4. Press the right arrow button, scroll and select Advanced system settings
  5. Press the right arrow button, scroll and select Factory reset
  6. Press the right arrow button, scroll and select Factory reset everything

This will erase the device, so you will have to go through the setup again after you do this.