TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a small screen and can't seem to get back to the…

Customer Question
We have a small...

We have a small screen and can't seem to get back to the full size

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung 48 inch

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes menu works, no just problem with this one

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

Just happened now as we we trying to adjust tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/9/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect

Zoom

HD Zoom

Ratio

(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.