TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have 3 Sony Bravia TV's. I turned the one in the bedroom…

Customer Question
I have 3 Sony...

I have 3 Sony Bravia TV's. I turned the one in the bedroom on and there is a frozen screen. (other 2 are fine) I have unplugged it and plugged it back in and it's still frozen

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

2 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu does work

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

There was no problem prior to this.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Comcast box and is connected to all the TV's. This is the only one I am having trouble with

Thanks for the info, frozen picture signal is coming from the connected cable box to this TV so please reboot the cable box, disconnect its power cord from power outlet for 2 minutes, reconnect it back in and let it reboot that may take couple of minutes and reply back with the result

I did that already.

OK, can you switch the cable box to another one that is working fine to see if this TV shows normal picture now?

There is one cable box that all the tv's are connected to
The Tv is on the wall and the wires go into the wall to the box in the closet

OK, let me opt out to repost this question for other experts to assist you further

Thanks

TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 6 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** different tech,please press the menu button of the sets OWN REMOTE CONTROL to the TV that is frozen, do you have full control of the MENU so can move the curser etc and make choices?

Let me know about the above check so we can move on please,,,,

I have control
I am concerned that 31.00 was just billed to my credit card when I was told it would be $5.00
Please remove the fee