TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My lg flatscreen tv is about 5 yrs old. I have to turn it…

Customer Question
My lg flatscreen...

My lg flatscreen tv is about 5 yrs old. I have to turn it off and on several times before it actually displays anything. Is this an expensive fix?

Technician's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

I have an LG tv Model 50PV400-UB, Approx 6yrs old. I have to turn on and

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I have to turn it on amd off several times before it displays.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 50PV400? What happened right before this?

Did not notice anything unusual before this began about 1 month ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

If I turn the tv on for about 5 min. then turn off, then turn back on, it will display

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

tv menu works

OK, how do you receive channels on this TV?

via cable box with its own remote control?

Also, is there any DVD player connected to TV?