TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Came home from work. TV not working. Saysq searching for.

Customer Question
Came home from work...

Came home from work. TV not working. Saysq searching for

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Came home and TV says it is searching for signal. Did everything system said to do. pressed select for help.Tried changing channels. I have 2 TV's and neither one is working.Is there a problem somewhere with the system. I live in Elkader, Iowa

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Was working just fine before I left for work this morning. I don't know if something happened while I was gone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Phone and computer are working fine. The TV is not receiving the signal. It says V52 in the searching for signal . If there were wires down I don't think my phone or computer would be working.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/9/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The Searching for Signal message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

View my reply and try those steps, then reply back with the results please. If this does not work, then I need:

1) The full model number off of the back of the TV.

2) Who is your cable provider?

3) How is the box connected to the TV (ex: HDMI, component video, etc.)?

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?