TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sharp LC-46XL2E power led blinking 1 time per second, no…

Customer Question
Hi, Sharp LC-46XL2E power...

Hi, Sharp LC-46XL2E power led blinking 1 time per second, no picture

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your LC-46XL2E?

Yes, many

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Tried to enter service mode pressing vol- and Input while power cycle, but still blinking

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
1/9/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Have you rebooted ?unplugged from wallpower wait 5 mins replug back in again?if not please do that

Let me know the age of the set please?

Anthony

I tried that yesterday and it helped for 1 day. It is 10 years old.
I tried also to enter service mode, pressing Vol- and Source buttons while unplugging/replugging and it is starting with proper green power LED and white noise sound for a couple of seconds but then it starts flashing again.

Yes I thought this was about that age, there is no way to get this set going again except if you had the firmware it might reboot then but I am pretty sure there is no firmware available now for this set and you are in Poland so no idea if its available there, your only chance now is if you can get the main-board for the set and replace it.

If you happen to get the firmware you will need to transfer the firmware to a usb flash drive it should reload and the set MAY come back on again however its very likely your only route is to replace mainboard....

Let me know if you have any queries

Anthony

Sorry its nothing easier set does have a hardware issue I am afraid

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Well, I have downloaded the software for the set. However I am a bit afraid if I start update procedure and cannot finish it because there is no picture then I have the set in undefined state.
SOftware is available and has .img file extension

Does not sound like system firmware please send me the link where you found it system software\firmware does not usually have .img

http://www.sharp-cee.com/cps/rde/xchg/scee/hs.xsl/-/html/download-centre.htm?p=LC46XL2E&q=&lang=EN&cat=0&type=1429&type=1214&type=1418&type=1215&os=&emu=
Then unfold "Software" tab

And no I do remember the set will load the firmware from the usb and then reboot itself I think you have to hold down the power or channel button on the set whilst it loads been a long time since I seen one of these sets

Also, just found service manual: https://elektrotanya.com/sharp_lc-42xl2e_lc-46xl2e_lc-52xl2e_lc-46x20e_lc-52x20e.pdf/download.html
However download is very slow

Ifits the same version on the set then it wont take and you are back to replacing mainboard so check the version ion the settings menu,did you get the set in Poland?

Main-board will be around £30 uk

in Poland. 30 quid is not expensive. But I would like to have it replaced before winter olympics :)
Cannot chech version in the settings menu because... there is no picture

Sorry

Nothing to lose by trying software its all controlling mainboard anyhow

You had no previous intermittent issues with the set?

Not until yesterday with the same symptoms. Yesterday I just unplugged it and pluuged after some time and it booted OK. Oh, now I remember, two days ago it powered off without apparent reason when I was in another room. But I thought it might be caused by set top box or home cinema interacting with it.
Service manual says it is lamp failure (5 consecutive errors). The counter can be reset if I am able to enter service mode. but did not succeed to do that.

It could be lamp errors which is why I asked however it could also be the main-board on this set not booting,if its back-light (lamp) its a no go I am afraid

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the information or answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days.
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician