TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I HAVE A PANASONIC TV REMOTE CONTROL THAT DOES NOT WORK TO…

Customer Question
I HAVE A PANASONIC...

I HAVE A PANASONIC TV REMOTE CONTROL THAT DOES NOT WORK TO CHANGE THE CHANNEL

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

P42X1

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

POWER & VOLUME. WHEN I PUSH THE CHANNEL ARROW, IT CHANGES THE INPUT SIGNAL AND GIVES A BLANK SCREEN

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
1/9/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 month ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.

- Is it Panasonic remote that came with the TV and not working now?
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is the remote that came with the TV TCP42X1
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
IT ALSO HAS A COX CABLE BOX; NO OTHER DEVICES. IT IS TURNING ON & OFF WITH THE REMOTE, SO I THINK THE CABLE BOX WORKS

OK, what happens when push the power button on that remote?

Does it switch On and Off the TV power?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
IT DOES

That means remote is working with the TV.

How is the cable box hooked up to the TV?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
With a cord

OK, is that cord hooked into ANT/RF input or AV input or HDMI input of the TV?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HDMI
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ARE YOU STILL THERE?

Yes, I'm here

It seems the connected cable box isn't sending out video signals to the TV and should be rebooted

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Everything works with our older remote. We just want to program the Panasonic remote too
Louie, Technician