TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Panasonic DMR-BW850 is stuck in child lock mode and

pressing OK and Return on...
My Panasonic DMR-BW850 is stuck in child lock mode and pressing OK and Return on the remote doesn't remove the X HOLD on the unit.
1/9/2018
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Are you using the original Panasonic remote that came with your Panasonic BluRay recorder?

No, I purchased another Panasonic remote that was meant to be a replacement as some of the buttons on the original had stopped functioning. The replacement "seems" to work as a light on the recorder activates when a button on the remote is pressed.

Only the original remote control can unlock the unit - this is to help prevent a child getting a replacement universal remote and unlocking it.

If you don't still have the original or if it isn't working, you can get a replacement Panasonic remote on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Panasonic-Remote-Control-N2QAYB000124-Replace-N2QAYB000345-DMR-BW750-DMR-BW850/370691661980

You can always get it and use it to unlock the unit, then sell it on again if you have no further use for it.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

Thanks for the information. I'll let you know whether the new remote has solved my dilemma.

You are welcome, George :)
Let me know if you need anything else at all.

Pete.

I'll let you know if the new remote rectifies the problem.
Cheers, George

Ok, no need to reply back until you get it and test it :)
Pete.

Hi George, just following up on your question - did my answer help?

If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Pete, Electronic Engineer
I just received my new remote—when I tried to remove the child lock I still had no luck. It seems that I may have to find an authorised technician to solve my problem unless you have any other ideas.
I just now received another remote with a different model number. I tried to remove the child lock and this time I succeeded—I'm over the moon after all this time, but on the downside now I have two useless remotes that are no use, but who cares…I'm ecstatic that I now a functioning Blu-Ray recorder again. It was your recommendation about the model of the remote that did the trick. George