TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Connected DVD to TV with HMLI cord, I have a picture but no…

Customer Question
Connected DVD to TV...

Connected DVD to TV with HMLI cord, I have a picture but no sournd

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes it is only the HMLI Cable

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

HDMl

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV and DVD player?

M260VA / MFG: VIZIO Television
EWD7002 / MFG EMERSON
No Thanks just answer my text, thank you!

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Thanks I will ignore the phone request and charge

Please grab DVD remote control and push Setup button on it (in DVD stop mode) to get setup screen, use up.down arrow buttons and select Audio and select Dolby Digital option and reply back with the result

Thanks I did that and I still have no sound!

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and DVD power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Nothing changed

Sorry to hear that, is there any other video source/ device available to connect it into HDMI input of the TV as a test that will verify the TV?

Well, so far you have not added anything to what I have already done, I will check on my own a few more things, Thanks Shahid I am disconnecting now.

Sure, take your time