TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to set up my new Vizio E50x wirelessly. I show…

Customer Question
Hello. I am trying...

Hello. I am trying to set up my new Vizio E50x wirelessly. I show full signal on the TV screen but when I try to get going, the screen says no network connection. Must I buy a USB cord?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your E50X?

NO

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

NO

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Thank you for your work! I have to leave now.
1/9/2018
TV Technician: rwhill1, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
rwhill1
rwhill1, Customer Service

Have you been through the process of setting up wireless networking and entering the details of your wireless router (select correct SSID and enter password) on the TV?

Best Regards,

Rich

Have you tried using 'Test Connection' from the Network Menu, if so what results do you get?

Is your WiFi working OK, e.g. with a laptop or mobile phone, etc?

Best Regards,

Rich

Tried that also. The original question was "must I buy a USB cord". I am going to town to get one. We'll see if that works.

If you're going to connect directly to your router you will need an Ethernet cable, rather than a USB cable.

Best Regards,

Rich

Smart TV says not to use Ethernet. I don’t know why this is all so confusing! I’ll probably buy both.

OK, let me know how you get on.

Best Regards,

Rich

Ethernet cord allows subscriptions such as Netflix but now I’ve lost broadcast TV, I think I ain’t smart enough for smart TV

If you press the Input button, you should be able to use the Up/Down Arrow and OK buttons to select TV - does that work?

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich