TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

How do I get audio output to HDMI to 1 from HDMI2. Samsung…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get audio output to HDMI to 1 from HDMI2

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung plasma mod.#PN51E450A1e

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes but IT only shows Hdmi it doesnt give me a choice to change from 2 to 1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

I want to add a device and it wants me on HDMI

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
1/9/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 1 month ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. The TV won't let you select an HDMI input unless there is an active device connected to it. Did you connect the new device to HDMI2 and turn it on? You'll need to do that first before the TV will recognize it.

If that doesn't help, give me more info. What are you trying to connect to HDMI2? What is currently on HDMI1?