TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

We bought a used LG TV and it is asking us to enter a

Customer Question
We bought a used...

We bought a used LG TV and it is asking us to enter a password ***** dont have one

Technician's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

Model is 37LC5DCUA

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No remote and yes the menu works

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It requires a rescan of channels each time WE turn it on

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
1/8/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 month ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Is the password ***** PIN number with 3 or 4 digits?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
4 dashes for password

Its asking for a code number please try 0000 and 1234 let meknow

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We don’t have the Lg remote only a Verizon remote

No you need the original remote you cant do anything without it sorry its like having no keys for the car

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Shoot can I purchase a lg remote somewhere?

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got remote can I message you later if the codes don’t work

What codes?if you are referring to a universal that will not work properly with the set,it has to be an original OEM remote,please remember the rating so I get paid thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I ordered the remote it should be here tonight and my tv is not fixed so I am not rating until I have a resolution.

Yes you cant go any further without it ,then when you get it try those codes I sent earlier if they do not work just come back here and we will move on

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you

Your Welcome

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have the remote in my possession and it now unlocks the tv but i still have the problem of it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Rescanning for channels every time we turn it on
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you please help?
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician