TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Sharp model LC-40E67UN. when it is plugged in it…

Customer Question
I have a Sharp...

I have a Sharp model LC-40E67UN. when it is plugged in it comes off and on by itself.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your LC-40E67UN?

I cannot find date of manufacturer

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV menu works and there is the same problem on all inputs.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LC-40E67UN? What happened right before this?

I turned it off one night and the next morning I turned it on and the problem continues. It only stays on for approximately 20 secs. Turns off for about 35 secs continually.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, everything else looks OK> Is it a firmware upgrade problem., Thanks.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
1/8/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 month ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Please to begin with re-boot the TV by unplugging from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again,then when the set comes back ON, go into the settings menu and reset the Tv to factory defaults in the settings menu,let me know if there is any change

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This may be difficult to do as the TV doesn't stay on very long - only 10-20 secs.

Oh OK so its doing it repeatably,sorry if its doing that then its a bad main-board it will need to be replaced,if you wish to do that yourself let me know,sorry its nothing easier cost of board is around $100....

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok Thanks for your help. I will be able to do this myself - should I let you know after I have completed the job if it successful.

Well you will need further info,the main-board is the one with all the INPUTs attached try shopjimmy.com for it or google the part number found on the board itself

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I ordered the main board and after receiving and installing in the TV set - the problem still exists exactly the same. The TV turns on for about 20 seconds and then turns off for about 30 seconds and repeats sequence continually. When TV is on, for the 20 secs, the picture and sound are good. Do you have any suggestions.

OK I will be asking for info from you please be as accurate as you can with your replies, so the power-light in the front of the set what happens with this when the set switches itself OFF?Does it blink?change color?stay the same?if it stays the same what color is it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for your response. We are away for the weekend. Will check this out when we return and let you know.

OK

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
On further testing the problem is the liquid crystal panel itself and I am discarding the TV. Thank you.
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 29 days ago

Sorry I am not buying that I have never had a lcd panel cause these symptoms on ANY set...

OK if you have anything else to add let me know

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician