TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv not responding to commands in roku, does not recognize…

Customer Question
Tv not responding to...

Tv not responding to commands in roku, does not recognize signal input. does respond to some commands from remote

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Series 6

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

To go to a site, it comes up correctly, but will not respond to command

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

It does not appear to recognize on air tv signals

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/9/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

the tv will no longer respond to the tv's remote, when in the roku screen. I have gone through the sequence to activate the roku to respond to the tv's remote, but to no avail. the roku system will still function correctly with the roku remote, as the tv does with all other tv functions. the universal tv remote has worked perfectly with the roku screen for approximately 6 months, until yesterday.
have already done this, as well as restart everything, including disconnect both from power line. also reinstalled device.

Did you try replacing the batteries in the remote?

both remotes work at their respective jobs, but the common universal remote common to the tv in roku mode does not respond to the directional,nor the ok ( central button) all others work correctly.

Please remove the power cord from the ROKU

Wait 2 minutes

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the issue?

already done, still does not work, unplugged the tv as well, once separate, once together.

Unfortunately, it sounds like an issue with the universal remote then.

I would suggest that you try syncing the remote through the ROKU steps one more time

already done, no joy

Unfortunately, there is not much more that can be done except replacing the universal remote.

I have found the solution. by unplugging both tv, roku, and the cable connecting the roku to the tv, turn both on allowing time for both to settle, then connecting the two solves the problem. i assume that the interface got into an unknown state, and could not recover