TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a zenith model 42PC3DP, TURN IT ON LIGHT comes on…

Customer Question
I have a zenith...

I have a zenith model 42PC3DP, TURN IT ON GREEN LIGHT comes on have sound about 5 seconds, then red light comes on and nothing else.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 42PC3DP?

About 4 years I think

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Screen does not light up at all, all sources.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/8/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Does screen glow/ show the light when tuning On TV power?

No, the screen never lights up.Green light only stays on 3 or 4 seconds.

Thanks for the info, this kind of problem mostly occurs due to the failure of sustain boards (known as YSUS and ZSUS) mounted on each side of the rear of the TV screen, sometimes power supply board also found defective along with sustain board. I'm sorry for this news.

It needs further troubleshooting inside the TV to determine what board(s) is bad to get it replaced to resolve the problem but this repair may cost you good money and you can buy a new 40 inch TV in less amount. You may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.