TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My picture has gone completely black. There also is no

Customer Question
My picture has gone...

My picture has gone completely black

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

There also is no sound, I had a cable tech help get it going again, the next day it went out again completely, called the cable company tried to restart again nothing happened, he stated that it is a problem with the tv.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/8/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

kdl-40xbr2

OK, does screen glow/ show light and any number/ graphics appear when turning TV power ON?

There is no sign that the tv is responding to anything
the only thing is the light that it is on

- Does screen glow/ show light and any number/ graphics appear when turning TV power ON?

- Is the power light solid or blinking on the TV?

solid

OK, lets try first thing first to troubleshoot the problem

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

The cable company has done all these things with me. the first night this happened, they were mable to get things working again, the next night it happened again, called cable company tried the same thing as the night before. Tech said its your tv.

I understand and trying that suggestion will help me to diagnose the problem

Can you try it now?

I now have the tv in my truck ready to go to the dump. thanks for nothing good-by.

Bye