TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The TV is receiving signal and playing sound, but there is…

Customer Question
The TV is receiving...

The TV is receiving signal and playing sound, but there is no picture. the screen is on,but noting comes up when you hit menu. I think the model number is *****

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your AA59-0060A?

Yes HDMI.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 month ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV? AA59-0060A is remote control number

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The TVis wall mounted and I can not see the model number. The TV is feed from a direct tv DVR. And yes when I move the hdmi cable and change the input I can find the new input from the sound coming out of the TV, but The picture remains black.

OK, is it a Samsung TV?

Also, how old it is?

Does screen glow/ show any number or graphics when turning On TV power?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a Samsung, probably about8 years old, only controller on the TV is a toggle switch on the bottom of the TV. There is a glow on the screen, no numbers or other graphics appear.

Thanks for the info, unfortunately, it is either t-con board or display panel/ the screen problem and replacement of t-con board is the only option that will either fix the problem or confirm it is the screen problem that would not be a feasible repair as it may cost more than a new TV of the same size. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

If TV is out of warranty then need to get the model number off of the TV and check with www.shopjimmy.com to get t-con board price info if you have a plan to work on it yourself

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement that might resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician