TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

All of a sudden my tv picture is too large for the screen.

Customer Question
All of a sudden...

All of a sudden my tv picture is too large for the screen. Graphics are cut off along with the lateral parts of the picture. Have tried every adjustment I can access with no help.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung 55", about 4 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and Yes.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

About 3 wks. Kids had access around xmas.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/8/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

View my reply and try those steps to proceed.