TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

TV screen (message) Looking for Hopper -1303. Samsung 1

Customer Question
TV screen (message) Looking...

TV screen (message) Looking for Hopper -1303

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung 1 month old un40mu6290F

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I followed instructions on screen to un plug hopper for 10 seconds and

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

I used the samsung control and turned of the tv. when i used the same

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Screen now shows Joey starting up nothing else happening

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
1/8/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

That error message means the box has lost communication and in many cases is a DiriecTv issue with their equipment. I would consider trying one more reboot of the boxes (both the Joey and the Mainbox in the home), by unplugging their power cords for 30 full seconds + and then plugging then back in. Generally the reboot takes about 10 minutes to complete and the box will "search for satellites". If the issue persists beyond that then you would want to contact DirecTv and have them start a service/repair tag on the system.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.
Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician