TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a Panasonic TV. Last night there was a lightening…

Customer Question
We have a Panasonic...

We have a Panasonic TV. Last night there was a lightening strike on a nearby transformer. Power was off for 18 hours. Once back on we cannot get out of standby mode. When TV is turned on the red light starts flashing and nothing on our remote seems to affect this

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?

Model No. is TH- P50G10A. We have probably had it for 10 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

We cannot get out of standby mode - nothing on the screen

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
1/8/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
WelcomeSorry you are having trouble here, can you please count the amount of blinks between pauses please like 4 blinks pause 4 blinks as an example?
Let me know
Any messages you see are sent by the site not me ,please ignore if not requiredAnthony
14
No. I don't want a call
14 blinks, pause, 14 blinks
Are you still there?

OK 14 means there is a short on one of the boards so there is a procedure of checks to make using a volt ohm meter the board identified as being bad then replaced however this is not very cost effective given the sets age as cost of board will be around 100 ,if you disagree and want to push on with repairs let me know I will help you.

Sorry this I'd not something easier

A rating of 3 to 5 stars is welcome at this point thank you rating bar of stars I'd top of the page thanks again

Anthony

Problems likely to have been caused by surge I am afraid TVs are very susceptible to surges
Please read complete analysis above
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician