TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My daughter drop the tv now I have blue lines on the screen…

Customer Question
My daughter drop the...

My daughter drop the tv now I have blue lines on the screen my tv is vizio smart tv what can I do to get rid of the lines

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Vizio TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
When will I get an answer
1/9/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. Sorry it took me so long to respond... I don't think there are many folks online today!

I'd love to diagnose this for you, but I really need to see a picture of it. There are probably 5 or 6 different things that can cause symptoms like you described. Seeing it will ensure my diagnosis is as accurate as possible. Please upload a picture to any photo sharing site (I like imgur.com, photobucket.com, or even Facebook). Just be sure to give me a link to it.

IMG_0984.JPG

Picture didn't come through. Try again, or upload to Imgur.com and give me a link to the picture.

https://imgur.com/gO2R42K

Thank you for the picture! It's worth 1,000 words.

The thin vertical lines that you're seeing are signs of a failure in the TV's display panel (the screen itself). It's bad news because the display panel is the most expensive part inside the TV (several hundred to over a thousand dollars). It is cost prohibitive to replace. There really is nothing to do about it, other than replace the TV.

Sorry to bear such bad news, but please let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Do you have any other questions for me?