TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Bravia tv has lost networking capability. I try to go to…

Customer Question
My Bravia tv has...

My Bravia tv has lost networking capability. I try to go to set up and it is saying it encountered system error and to contact Sony directly

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

Less than a year

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I don't think so. Let me try.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

I had started a movie in Netflix and pushed the fast forward button and that is when I got a message that it could not play movie right now. Then nothing worked at all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that it was working fine this afternoon.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
1/8/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model number of the tv?

Is there a specific error code/number?

The model #is XBR-55X800E
There is no code#.
Just says "the system has encountered an error. Please contact Sony directly".
I will just do the best I can.
Does it happen with all apps? Or just Netflix?
Does it show as connected to WiFi currently in the Sony menu under network?
This issue has been resolved.

Thanks

Louie, Technician