TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Bravia tv has lost networking capability. I try to go to…

Customer Question
My Bravia tv has...

My Bravia tv has lost networking capability. I try to go to set up and it is saying it encountered system error and to contact Sony directly

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

Less than a year

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I don't think so. Let me try.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

I had started a movie in Netflix and pushed the fast forward button and that is when I got a message that it could not play movie right now. Then nothing worked at all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that it was working fine this afternoon.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/8/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model number of the tv?

Is there a specific error code/number?

The model #is XBR-55X800E
There is no code#.
Just says "the system has encountered an error. Please contact Sony directly".
I will just do the best I can.
Does it happen with all apps? Or just Netflix?
Does it show as connected to WiFi currently in the Sony menu under network?
This issue has been resolved.

Thanks