TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

JVC model#JLB42BC3000 infrared doesn't work - how doc I

Customer Question
JVC model#JLB42BC3000 infrared doesn't...

JVC model#JLB42BC3000 infrared doesn't work - how doc I adjust brightness using the side buttons? I can get to the "brightness" feature but cannot move the slider bar with any of the channel or volume buttons.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product has sound issues?

NOt "sound" "brightness"!

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your JLB42BC3000?

Three plus years.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your JVC product?

Hitting "Menu" then selecting "Picture" then scrolling to "Brightness". No way to move the slider bar on "Brightness".

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/8/2018
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Check your remote first: change batteries in it. Perhaps they might be a little weak.

Then, when you get to Brightness, you change the setting with one or more of the six Volume or Select buttons (in a model that is not yours but is a JVC TV.)

Be sure you have selected Brightness, not just moved the selection to it - to enter the Brightness controls, you might have to press ENTER or OK, once the selection is moved to Brightness, perhaps.

After that, if the Brightness slider is not grayed out, you may simply have a defective remote control, and need to replace the remote. Let me know if it gets to that point, and I will find sources for replacement remotes for this make and model of TV.

There is no “Enter/OK” button among the side buttons. “Menu, Ch +, Ch -, Vol +, Vol -, Input” are the only buttons and none effects the selection once I highlight or get to Brightness. I have replaced the remote and the batteries but the infrared sensor must be cooked, so using the side buttons is the only option other than replacing the infrared.

Oh, I see - you are using the buttons on the TV itself, since the remote does not work, evidently.

I agree that the infrared module/sensor on the TV must be the part at fault.

As for the buttons on the TV itself... if none of the buttons affect the Brightness setting, that is unfortunate. It should be otherwise.

The 'Enter/OK' type button on the TV itself, is often the Menu button or the Input button, given the menu has gotten to a certain point. I'm not sure this advice will help in this case, but it can be tried once (and probably found not to work.)

Do you need help replacing or finding a replacement for the infrared sensor module on/in the TV itself?