TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Somehow, I selected "Lock," on my TV - Now it asks for my…

Customer Question
Somehow, I selected "Lock,"...

Somehow, I selected "Lock," on my Phillips TV - Now it asks for my password. I have none...Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What Philips model do you have? How old is it?

Wish I could tell you.- it's a flat screen wall mount - about 30" Probably 10 years old and it has served me very well.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu appears when I push the menu button, but it doesn'dtdo anything. I was tryinf to play a dvd when I pushed the wrong button.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Philips? What happened right before this?

I had loaded a DVD and for some reason, the screen returned to the menu-I was in the process of pushing the HDM button when I hit "Lock."

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's about it - thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Is anyone working on this?
1/8/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help! What's the model number on the back of the TV?

I can't get to it - it is securely on the wall.
Are there other options?

Sorry. I can't walk you through any fixes if I don't know what TV you have.

I'll remove it from the wall and get back to you.

OK I'll be here if you need me.