TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I think I have the same problem that many have had. I have a…

Customer Question
I think I have...

I think I have the same problem that many have had. I have a Samsung PN59D530A3F Plasma TV. Turns on fine...great screen...warms up and then turns off and then back on with no picture. I have tested voltage on power supply and they look good while the screen works but then are real low after it goes off. With cables removed to Y sustain board, voltages are also low. I suspected heat being a problem. TV works great with a big fan blowing on back with back off. How do I isolate the problem from there?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your PN59D530A3F?

Yes, HDMI coming from cable box is feeding the signal.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

I don't know. It actually quite working a while ago and I am just trying to figure out how to repair it. Without the fan cooling the back, it would turn off after 3 minutes or so. It ran fine with fan for 40 minutes, I turned the fan off and the TV picture went out after 3 minutes. It has now been running fine for 2 1/2 hours with the fan blowing on the back.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

There are no visible swollen capacitors. No problems with lines on screen or any other issues other than an apparent heat problem.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Please disregard this request. I have isolated my problem and ordered the parts to repair. If that doesn't work, I may be back in touch.
1/7/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Sorry we took so long to respond, Scott. Glad to hear you're on your way to repair. I'll stand by if you need some more help.