TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a 17 inch tv flat screen that fits in a kitchen

Customer Question
We have a 17...

We have a 17 inch tv flat screen that fits in a kitchen cabinet (no room for anything bigger). Have had it for a guess of 5 years--been great--and all of a sudden the writing of the dialogue is coming up and we cannot get it go away. My husband has tried everything including disconnecting the tv. What are your suggestions? Jackie phone(###) ###-#### Thanks!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is an Element TV, 19 inches. Model number ELEFW195. We purchased on 4-26-15 from Walmart.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works except that now the audible is being written on the screen continually and we have tried everything to get it off. HELP!!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your ELEFW195? What happened right before this?

It has been happening for about 4 days now. Nothing happened that we know of that was different right before this started.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/8/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the

right answer to your TV captioning question.
That is the CC or Closed Captioning. Try pressing the CC button, once, firmly, on any remote you have that you use with the TV. That should turn it Off -unless you turn it Off with one, and turn it On with another... so once it is Off, stop pressing CC buttons, of course.

That's really all there is to it, usually. However, if it proves problematical because the remote either has no CC button, or the button it has does not affect things, then you will need to press MENU instead, and go into the settings of your TV, and disable the Closed Captioning setting there.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.