TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We turn on TV. It says HDMI1 in top left corner. It changes…

Customer Question
We turn on TV...

We turn on TV. It says HDMI1 in top left corner. It changes to a blue screen. We have no picture. We have unplugged and re-plugged the router.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

We don't know of any

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

We have turned on and off the TV with the Comcast remote and the Samsung TV remote.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/7/2018
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 6 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your TV issue.
Please make sure that the HDMI cable from your Comcast cable box goes into the HDMI 1 input and not in any other inputs such as HDMI 2 or 3. After that unplug the power cord from the cable box and re-plug it and check it again. If still no signal try another HDMI input on the TV , for example HDMI 2. And check again, if still the same, I suspect a defective cable box.
In addition if you have another source like a DVD player , you can try to plug it in instead of the cable box to check if your TV is working properly. Let me know the outcome please.
I tried to accept the phone call service but there was an error with some payment issues. If you want to continue on the website. It is fine with me. I know the phone call cost extra. Sorry
Good afternoon I hope my information was helpful. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.