TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Panasonic TV and enjoy Netflix The other day

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic TV and enjoy Netflix The other day Netflix stopped and not says wifi or ethernet cable not connected The ethernet is connected. When ATT tried to help me they said the network settings on my Panasonic TV MenuI set it to wireless wifi but I can't press anything to enter a password? Help I would love Netflix back on my TV

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

Yes says TV needs an internet connection It was working fine and nothing changed?

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Yes I tried that And my internet is fine per laptop and I phone- Only this one TV is offline somehow?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

If you can make sure they see my notes to you that will suffice

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/7/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 1 month ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help! First, I need the model number from the back of the TV.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The tv is on the wall can't get to back if tv
The remote says N2QAYB
000570

Sorry, but we really can't help without knowing what model we're talking about. The model number is ***** the back of the TV, and should also be on the manual if you have that (or the box).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure where to find tv model
Don't have manual handy
I've didn't 60 so far and no help?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok can anyone help?
ATT says on the Panasonic menu I should be able to put in password ***** get wifi connected?
It has cable from tv tonic and Netflix worked for years ?

I can't help without knowing what TV you have. Sorry. I will opt out. If someone else can help, they'll post here and you'll be notified.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll try and find model number
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Manf Id. TCL42E3K
Serial
MX13360449
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sent u model number etc
What's next?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Need instructions on being able to reconnect to wi fi
I press menu
Put wireless on network settings
Then wireless network page shows my wi fi number and has 2 choices yes or no current settings
ATT says I should be able to press and add password ***** not able to do that?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know when I can talk to someone vs sitting here all day waiting
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are u online now or just wait until u text or call me sometime?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When will I get help?
TV Technician: rwhill1, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
rwhill1
rwhill1, Customer Service

Is your TV connected to your router using the LAN port and an Ethernet cable to your router, or is there a wireless adapter plugged into the USB1 port?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The tv is not connected directly to router
The tv has a cable into the receiver in another room. Always worked fine
The wifi and internet work
It's Netflix that all of a sudden says the tv needs internet connection
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now that U have model and serial number is ***** a way for me to reset anything to get wi fi going ?

Yes I hope so, although I don't think this TV has WiFi built it in, it would need to use a WiFi adapter (see pg 16 of the attached manual) - is one plugged in?

Pg 36 and 37 describe how to setup the WiFi.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for manual
But it worked fine for years
So it was set up
Nothing has been changed or unplugged?
I'm not sure what to do if it's all already plugged in?

Please try the following:

1. Select Menu

2. Select Network Settings

3. Select Wireless Network

4. Select 'No'

5. Select Search for Wireless Networks and select the required one.

6. Follow the on-screen directions to complete the setup.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Rich

Please confirm the results

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did what I sent thanks
It asked for security key
I put in 4 numbers I usually use but Netflix still not working
Is there a way to confirm I have the right security key ?

This should be the network adapter's code. Is any code appearing on the TV when you go through this process?

What is the wireless network called that you are selecting?

Can you take a photo of the back of the TV so that I can see what's connected please?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Stepping into shower for moments
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hope photos help

Can you provide any further details of the Wireless TV Receiver box, make/model please?

Try powering that off for 30 seconds and back on please.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will soon
I've turned everything off and on several x
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will be back to tv at 11 PT
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did any of the photos I sent help u?
It is an ATT receiver

I've found the ATT box you have and here's a video showing how it's connected.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-tv/KM1009882

Try going over the setup as shown in the video.

Really the TV is just receiving the signal over the HDMI cable (make sure the correct HDMI input is selected on the TV) from the ATT box, so the TV wireless setup is irrelevant as far as I can see.

Are you receiving other channels OK?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HDMI 1
All channels work

If all the other channels work OK through HDMI1, then it seems to me that the ATT Uverse box is blocking Netflix. Have you tried re-starting the router which the Uverse box connect to as well?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
rebooted many times
If u can't do anything I'll get att to come out
I'll try other keys

Sorry, I'm struggling to suggest anything else, so a visit by ATT would be best I think.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Let me know how you get on.

Best Regards,

Rich

rwhill1
rwhill1
rwhill1, Customer Service