TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Two days ago we purchased a brand new TV to replace an old…

Customer Question
Hi. Two days ago we...
Hi. Two days ago we purchased a brand new TV to replace an old analog TV which had just enough digital added to it to connect it to the cable. We have two remotes. One from the old TV which is a universal remote control and a new one which came with the new TV.
My question is I seem to be having trouble with the buttons on the remote even though I changed the batteries I still have to press each button very hard before the channel will change. Is this a common occurrence with remote controls and if so what should we do with ours?
Do the buttons on the remote ever get worn out?
Thank you very much.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/7/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Which remote are you having to press the buttons twice in order to get them to respond- the universal OLD remote or the new remote?? Also what's the full model number off of the back of the new TV?