TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a steady red light (STATUS) on my mitsubishi dlp tv.

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a steady red light (STATUS) on my mitsubishi dlp tv. Model WD65731. CHanged the bulb. all a get is sound and a black screen. its on for a minute then shuts of with a steady red light. 2006 model

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your WD65731?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Oh plugged. sorry, i seen unplugged. yes av jacks and 1 hdmi cable

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No power outage

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/6/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 6 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Was the previous lamp popped/blown?

The bulb was changed. I assumed the previous bulb was blown since I came home and seen the red light on. Turned it on but all I got was sound. No pic. Same result with the replacement bulb.
I do remember about a month ago the tv or channel was all pixelated. As if I had satellite tv during a storm. Experienced that a couple times in the same month. I've also hear popping sounds when the tv volume is high suring action movies.

Who changed the bulb? Did you do it yourself?

I've been changing them for the last 12 years. Replaced about 6 total within that time.

Try this:

-unplug the tv POWER cord

-take the lamp out

-put the lamp back in and make SURE it is seated fully into the tv

-put the lamp DOOR onto the tv and make SURE it is on properly

-plug in the tv POWER cord

-turn on the tv

Reply back and let me know what happens. Observe any clicking, fans, whether the lamp fires or not (look near the back where the lamp is if you can). Then what happens when the tv FAILS to turn on.