TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 40" HDMI LED TV that lost power, i think during a…

Customer Question
I have a 40"...

I have a 40" HDMI LED TV that lost power, i think during a brief, whole house power loss/surge. It won't come on. I pulled the back off, looking for a fuse, found none. I can work a DVM. What's next?

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Surge which didn't trip.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

I'm pretty sure it;s been unplugged and plugged in for at least that long since I tediously unscrewed and removed the back.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 month ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- Does power indicator light on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?

Louie, Technician