TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

7 blink issue on Panasonic viera tv. It was made in Ct 2007.

Customer Question
7 blink issue on...

7 blink issue on Panasonic viera tv

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Viera?

It was made in Ct 2007

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Hold on

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Viera? What happened right before this?

Nope nothing works it doesn't power on. It happened about a year ago but I didn't have the money to try to fix it so I put nothing happened right before it just started doing it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's about it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

Th-42pz77u
Hello?

Hello, thanks for TV model number info

Have any ideas?

Typing info for you, hold on, please

7x flashing power light in this model is an error code that indicates the problem with SC (sustain) board and SU or SD board adjacent to SC board. Please click the following links to view boards image and part number info to search/ google it if you have a plan to work on it yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txnsc1nztu-sc-board.htm

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txnsd1nztu-sd-board.htm

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txnsu1nztu-su-board.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective boards replacement to resolve the issue. I would recommend to invest that money in a new TV instead of a 10 years old obsolete TV's repair. I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?