TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

In Lucedale Ms. I have a Samsung LN46C530F1FXZA I have

Customer Question
This is Harvey Whiting...

This is Harvey Whiting in Lucedale Ms. I have a Samsung LN46C530F1FXZA I have replaced both circuits boards and nothing changed. When the power comes on the red light flashes a few times and then it goes off. But some times it will come on and when turned off it want come back on.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your LN46C530F1FXZA?

It’s a 2010

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Nothing works it want come on

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LN46C530F1FXZA? What happened right before this?

About 3 weeks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/7/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Hi Harvey. I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help! When you say "both" are you talking about the power supply and the main board? Where did you get them?

I ordered them from Electro parts. I put both boards in today and it didn’t change anything. I took them out and put the ones that came out of it back in. And when I did it came on. I left it on for several hours. I turned it off and it wouldn’t come back on.
Do you have any idea what is wrong with it
I’m going to put it in a Tv shop. Or buy another one.

Hi Harvey. I've never heard of Electro Parts, and I've been in this business for awhile. The symptoms you're describing could be coming from either board, so replacing both was a good idea. I would return those boards to that retailer and purchase from someone more reputable like ShopJimmy.com (used parts) or EncompassParts.com (new parts).