TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When I try to watch tv in my room..i get no sound and then a…

Customer Question
When I try to...

When I try to watch tv in my room..i get no sound and then a message appears..it says alert..hdmI error: the hd content protection has bee compromised..please use the YPbPr output for your HD connection and the goes blank

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

I' double check yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Black HDMI

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

My other 2 tvs are fine..

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/6/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What is connected to this TV that you receive your programming from (example: cable box, satellite box, etc.)?

cable box

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.

4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?