TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Is there a way to set a maximum volume limit on Panasonic…

Customer Question
Hi, Is there...

Hi, Is there a way to set a maximum volume limit on Panasonic plasma tv's so that it cannot go any louder than what has be preset as the maximum volume.

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Panasonic TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes. The problem is my Dad has hearing difficulties and he likes to take his hearing aids out when he watches TV, however when he does that he turns the volume way up so that he can hear it. So if there was a setting which limited how loud it could go he would than where his hearing aids and not have to have it turned up so loud.

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Oh, it is hooked up to a Telus satellite system, and I am at a different location right now, so I'll have to check and get back to you. My thinking is it would be HDMI.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just how to limit the amount that the volume can be turned up.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
1/7/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 1 month ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help. No, there is not a function in any Panasonic plasma model that allows you to set a volume limit, but that doesn't mean you're out of options.

Have you thought about getting your dad some wireless headphones? My mother-in-law used to do the same thing as your dad, but the headphones we got her changed that. >>These are the ones<< we bought, but there are dozens of comparable models on the market.

Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He won't wear head phones because he feels that there is nothing wrong with him. Plus if nobody else is wearing them and he is he'll feel singled out. Thank you but not an option that we can use. I do wonder if there is an after market sound system that has a volume limiter on it because if there is we can plug into the head phone speaker jack, which would cut the sound off from coming through the TV, and use the external sound system to do this.

You could absolutely plug speakers into that headphone jack. There isn't a way to limit the max volume, but you could use speakers that aren't very powerful (like basic PC speakers). That way the max volume isn't very loud. Alternatively, you could choose to use just one of the speakers, thereby also limiting the total volume.

Alternatively, I've been looking through more of my service data on these Panasonic sets and some of them have a "hotel mode" that you can use. What's the model number from the back of your TV? I can look to see if your model has that feature.