TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV was on and working and then turned off and won't power…

Customer Question
TV was on and...

TV was on and working and then turned off and won't power on.

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

VIZIO logo on front is not blue or orange

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/6/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off the back of the Vizio and how old is it?

VIZIO VW37L HDTV20A 100-240V-, 2.5A, 50/60Hz and was manufactured February 2008

Thank you. And you're saying the Vizio logo is not lit at all (no power appearing on the TV), correct?

Are you still with me here??

the VIZIO light will usually be orange when the TV is off, then light up blue when on, but the logo is black
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

OK, disconnect the power cord for a few minutes and then put your ear next to the TV as you reconnect the cord. Listen closely for a faint "click" and let me know what you hear.