TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I bought a visio smart TV and turned it on for the first…

Customer Question
I bought a visio...

I bought a visio smart TV and turned it on for the first time and there are cracks that appear on the screen. What does this mean?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Vizio TV?

No. Just the power cord.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Not that I am aware of. The cracks appear throughout the screen in the image that is portrayed.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Is this something that can be rectified or do I need to take the TV back for a refund?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
1/6/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What that means is your screen has an internal pressure crack of the LCD liquid that's inside off the LCD/LED panel and the TV is not-repairable. You would immediately want to being the set to the retailer for an exchange and make sure you are adamant that the TV came like this and NO external pressure was put on the screen by YOU in any way, or else they will claim "user error" and you will be out a TV. There are no quick fixes for cracks appearing on the surface of- OR inside of the screen, this is a faulty panel all day long and the set should be returned as soon as possible.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician