TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I switch from fire back to regular cable tv? Sony…

Customer Question
How do I switch...

How do I switch from fire back to regular cable tv?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sony probably 5 or 6 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv is a 2012.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?

Just installed the fire tv and that works fine. I now have watched movies and wish to return back to my regular cable tv.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/6/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off the back of the TV and do you have the original TV remote?

Who is your cable provider? Please reply back with some details.

USING THE CABLE REMOTE PROVIDED BY CABLE CO. NOT THE ORIGINAL REMOTE FROM SONY

Okay, I have no idea what that remote looks like. Who's the cable provider????

PREMIER COMMUNICATIONS

Okay, you haven't provided the TV model number, don't have the TV remote and I can't see your Premiere remote so I cannot help. I will opt out.

TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 7 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan.

On the front of your TV, look for a button labeled "SOURCE" or "INPUT." That's how you switch the TV from displaying the different things that are connected to it. For example, if your FireStick is connected to "HDMI 1" and your cable box is connected to "HDMI 2" then use the SOURCE/INPUT button to move over to the appropriate connection.

Does that help?