TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Just purchased a UN55MU7600. I can not get the picture to…

Customer Question
Just purchased a UN55MU7600...

Just purchased a UN55MU7600. I can not get the picture to fill the screen.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Picture fills screen on HD channels only

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/6/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The picture size is generated by your Cable/SAT box when using HDMI - so the TV itself is not the problem and the settings muct be accessed on the cable box.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect

Zoom

HD Zoom

Ratio

(#) symbol under the 9 key

Were you able to try those steps?

None of these have worked. Should I be contacting my cable provider ?

Yes, OR.....reply back here with the brand and model of the cable box, as the picture size is all processed within the box.

Since I have no idea who your cable provider is or what the model number of the cable box is, I can't provide any more specifics. If you need further help elaborate with the name of the provider please.