TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Need to adjust zoom on Sanyo with no menu button. Have a…

Customer Question
Need to adjust zoom...

Need to adjust zoom on Sanyo with no menu button. Have a universal GE remote. Remote will not pull up anything in the menu that relates to ratio or zoom.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

DP36428

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

A main menu that allows for channel search & various other option there is a pic/sound option but it only allows for color, tint changes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/6/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

TV is connected only to an antenna. No cable or satellite box. I have tried & can access the service menu on the TV, but have no idea what all the Parameter Names stand for or how to set their number codes. Don't even know if ratio can be set on service menu. Please advise further.

Service MENU is not the place to be. Please double check the model number off the back of the TV and reply back (the one you posted is not correct).

DP32648