TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 70" sharp tv 4k model number 70M7100UWGG162687 the…

Customer Question
I have a 70"...

I have a 70" sharp tv 4k model number 70M7100UWGG162687 the tv has power going to it u can see the red light on the left hand side light up but the screen itself won't turn on

Technician's Assistant: Is your 4K connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it as far as i know

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/6/2018
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Approximately how old is the TV?
Have you recently had any power outages or thunderstorms?

Can you hear audio from the TV or see the on-screen menu?

My screen is pitch black i don't hear or see anything and no I haven't had any outages or anything and i only got it like 4 months ago

What happens if you press the buttons on the control panel on the TV?

Nothing happens

If you unplug the TV and leave it unplugged for an hour, then plug it back in, does the red light come on and stay lit, or does it blink at all?

Hi, just following up on your question - did my answer help?

If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

It's still not working and even tho the tv says it's a Sharp Aqua ita actually a Hisense is what my fiance says that's what he found with the model number

Ok, if unplugging it did not work then the power supply board inside the TV is faulty and it will require a repair or replacement.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------