TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have bought a 40L375 Toshiba tv and trying to connect up and…

Customer Question
Have bought a 40L375...

Have bought a 40L375 Toshiba tv and trying to connect up and there does not appear to be enough input ports for my setup. I have Foxtel set top box that is not HDMI compatible it has 2 leads with 3 plugs on one and 2 plugs on the other that is connected to existing TVs. There is only 3 input ports on new Toshiba can you help please

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba model do you have? How old is it?

40L375 series bought yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Have not connected to yet as bit confused as I have more leads than ports to plug

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Toshiba? What happened right before this?

I don't understand your question, I have an existing tv connected now and wish to replace with Toshiba tv but there are not enough ports for all the

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
1/5/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Whenever you have more HDMI cables- than ports on the TV, you need an HDMI switcher. The switcher gives more Inputs and connects to the TV using one HDMI cable. I am pulling up a link to that device now.

I just noticed you're in Australia, so let me pull up a source where you can purchase it there. Sorry about that.

There is a 3 port switch at the link below you can purchase for $40:

http://www.lindy.com.au/3-port-hdmi-switch-with-ir-remote

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician