TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 50 inch Proscan and Dish TV and I need to program…

Customer Question
I have a 50...

I have a 50 inch Proscan and Dish TV and I need to program the dish tv's remote to control the sound (mute) on the Proscan

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your ProScan TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Well everything works except the sound with the dish controller; the sound works with the proscan remote

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

The rca type

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I actually need to program the dish remote to control the sound on the proscan

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/6/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I need to know which remote you have. Please take a look >>here<< and let me know.

i have told you what remote I have; now what is the answer to my question?

All you said was that you need to program a Dish TV remote. The problem is, there are quite a few different remotes. Please take a look at the link I sent you, and then tell me which remote you have.

No I said that I needed to program a "Dish" remote to control the sound on my Proscan tv. You have not answered my question nor have you given me any instructions on programing the Dish remote.

I'm going to opt out. Good luck with your quest!

I will refuse to pay any charge on my account beyond the original $5 since the so called expert did not answer my question and is not entitled to add to the bill. He simply asked me a question.
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Do you still need help with this? If so, I'd be happy to help.

To be clear though, this is a paid support service, and is not $5, that was just to post your question, the total paid is what was displayed and you agreed to on the payment page.

To proceed, I would need the complete model number of both the tv and the specific model of the remote.

no, i do not need help