TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We can't get the remote to turn on. After we install

Customer Question
We can't get the...

We can't get the remote to turn on. After we install batteries as prescribed and press the on button, the red LED flashes as long as we hold the button down, then everything is dead. different batteries make no difference. The battery cover was broken when we got it as a Christmas Present. We're looking for a clue.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Samsung series 5 530. But we aren't even close to gettting to that.

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

None.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that the remote is COMPLETELY unresponsive.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
1/5/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 6 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

You are referring to the light on the TV itself that is blinking when you press buttons on the remote?not the remote itself

Is the set ON?you have a picture and sound?or is the set OFF power-light in standby mode usually red?

We are discussing the remote. The TV is on but is completely disconnected from the remote. The LED light on the remote blinks while you hold the on/off button down but as soon as the button is released it goes off. Then nothing on the remote works. We are nowhere close to discussing problems with the TV at this point.
Please refund my money. I will throw the remote away. This is more expensive than the device is worth.
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

No. Never mind. this is more expensive than the remote ever was. Please refund the charges. Thank you