TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

55" panasonic plasma tv. screen is cracked. how much to

Customer Question
55" panasonic plasma tv...

55" panasonic plasma tv. screen is cracked. how much to replace?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Panasonic TV?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No, it was dropped. screen definitely cracked

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/5/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately whenever these screens are impacted, or any external pressure is put on them it there aren't any fixes for this beyond replacing the entire screen of the TV (which costs 80% of what the TV cost when new, and requires dismantling and reassembly of the set to fix the issue). I'm sorry to have to tell you but the TV is not really repairable after there this occurs, aside from purchasing a used one of the exact same model on eBay and then disassembling it for it's screen.

The only other thing you can do to try and recoup some of the loss is to contact a site that purchases these sets with faulty/damaged screens and then sells the internal boards to TV repair shops. The site below is a used/pulled parts supplier and may be able to help on that end:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

View my reply for the answer to your question.

Do you need further assistance with this?