TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The set cut off suddenly and will not come on, I tried

Customer Question
The set cut off...

The set cut off suddenly and will not come on, I tried changing outlets and used the built in button but still not working. The standby light is not on. TV is under warranty, less than 2 weeks of service.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

TV is Samsung 6 series. Model UN50MU6300FXZA. Two weeks old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Problem limited to tv it will not come on, I can't access the menu.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

This tv is still under warranty.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
1/5/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

To be clear, this is a paid support service, which is not covered by any warranty or other service plan.

I'll help you in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem here.

Are there other devices on the same outlet (cable box, dvd, etc) which are still powering on?

satellite receiver and home theater are also on surge protector with multiple outlets and they are working normally.
Before the crash the set did not power up normally. When turned on the color was not right, kind of washed out pink. This was corrected by turning set off and back on.
This takes too long and I am tired of you asking for more money, please remove my file from your records and do not contact me.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; given the recent purchase date your best recourse would actually be to return it to the store/retailer in exchange for a new tv. You could certainly file a warranty claim, but that can take weeks before samsung gets someone out to repair it, and the tv would be prone to other failures, so pursuing an exchange/refund through the seller would be the quickest resolution for you.

Not blaming you Nathan, just the process. While waiting I contacted Samsung and they are sending technician to make repair

I'm sorry for any inconvenience, I have no control over the site operations as we are all independent techs here working on our own personal time just trying to help.

I would still recommend at least trying this reset process,

and even though you have samsung scheduled, you are still truly better off pursuing exchange through the retailer, as the samsung tech will typically require multiple trips (one for diagnostics, then go oder parts and come back later to actually fix).

Louie, Technician