TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Panasonic Plasma TV is taking longer and longer to start…

Customer Question
My Panasonic Plasma TV...

My Panasonic Plasma TV is taking longer and longer to start up. Model #TC-P50S1 55" #9281045 Produced 10/2009

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?

TC-P50s1 55" 2009

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, and no

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?

It's started about 30 days ago. Before this, it was working just fine

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 month ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Does TV display normal picture when it turns On?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
TV works just fine, once it comes on, it's just that it take 3-5 minutes to come on, and it's taking longer each time it get's turned on and off

Thanks for the info, this kind of problem mostly occurs due to failing capacitors or devalued resistors on the power supply board of the TV and replacement of power supply board on TV will fix it. Please click the following link to view the power supply board image and part number info to search/ google it to get price info if you have a plan to do it yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-etx2mm747afk-power-supply.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician